Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just Within Reach.

Hide me now,
Under Your wings.
Cover me,
Within Your mighty hand.

When the oceans rise and thunders roar,
I will soar with You above the storm.
Father, You are king of all the earth,
And I will be still, and know You are God.

Find rest, my soul,
In Christ alone.
Know His power
In quietness and trust.

Still - Hillsong

---
It's been a while, given that even when I have ideas, I don't seem to have the capability, or rather I lack the motivation to put pen to paper. Though, you gotta admit, you can't exactly put pen to paper in the shower, or write in the car, especially if the road is rocky...

I know, I know. It's not an excuse.

I'm just experiencing the characteristics of de ja vu, and the only thing different is the outcome.

---
I was always second best, so what does it matter that I begin to give away?

A mountain aches to touch the clouds, its peak barely scratching heaven's waters as it climbs towards its destination. Its robust foundation allows it to stand firm, and in its desperation, even whilst going through singing winds and erosion, the mountainous characteristics are more defined, and more majestic. The process has been slow, and rather treacherous, but the mountain stands in all its splendour, just inches from the clouds...

But how could it reach further? Erosion tickles the summit, and rocks give way and crumble at the faintest gusts of winds.

---
If I dove into the ocean, would you swim after me?

I've done this before; I swam as far as I could, till my feet couldn't touch the ground. My goal was a shining metal ball out beyond the shallow waters, and I'd gathered all the energy I could muster, and raced towards my goal.

The ball floated above the brilliant blue, bobbing up and down as gentle waves lapped against it. It proudly kept its place above the waters, despite the waves threatening to swallow it whole. The sudden power of the waves could only keep that ball down for but half a second, but the architecture of the ball was simply too cunning for the primitive waves.

I was entirely fascinated by the ball; in fact, I was curious about anything that shone or dazzled when it came into my sight. It didn't seem so far from me, and the distance seemed tangible compared to the effort I would put to reach out to it.

The only problem was that I couldn't swim. Despite my best efforts, I was flailing in hopelessness, and in fact, beyond the shallow waters, I was drowning.

And then, would you go after my goal instead of me?

---
I tried!!!

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: