Monday, July 6, 2009

Mute.

I'm surprised to say that at this very moment in time... I have nothing to say.

That is, nothing but possibly a few nonsensical lines to the reader, and a probably irrelevant context story to which I struggled in putting pen to paper (the action itself is simple, but it's a... cliche? Pun? Who knows).

Well, it's a sudden writer's block, probably instigated by ______.

Stick with me, while I pull through this, yeah?

---
I'm readying myself for one of the harder weeks I have to endure once again, similarly to about the same time last year.

I waved good bye as you began to leave, taking your suitcases and rolling them along with you as you entered the doors of the Airport terminals. I could not find my voice as I mouthed how dearly I held you to my heart, and I instead cringed as my heart skipped another beat, forcing blood to my brain and sending me into another minor attack. I knew this would be a struggle, knowing that your presence would no longer be a mere 5 minutes away, but I fought the pain down and stared out the rain drenched window as I was driven away.

Thunders rolled above the car and the windows began to fog as I was driven into the cold, dark night, and I instinctively turned on the heater. Despite the heater's warmth immediately calming the nerves on my skin, the cold pinched deep into my heart as I inhaled fairly excessively and irregularly. Who knew I would miss you this much already?

I drew countless smiley faces along the fogged up window; droplets streamed past the sudden clarity of my imprints in the fog, and slowly disappeared as the fog reclaimed the glass. As I painted swirls into the recovering fog, I thought of what's happened the past two and a half weeks, and where it had gotten me now...

What's happening now? Well... this:

I'm suffocating in the four walls of my own heart as it sinks deeper into my stomach and drowns in my own bodily fluids.

How did you find play into this? You reminded me of who I was and what I am capable of. You logically tried to help me sort through the mess that I was, and even when I couldn't get to you, you got to me.

And now... I have to face it myself.

---
The tap was so rustic, and so impossible for me to twist open. With all my might, I grasped at it...

And when I finally opened it, the water wouldn't stop running.

---
If you look too deeply into a mirror, you won't be able to escape.

Golly, I'm so good at hiding... but you almost found me out anyway.

LOL, Sarah.

"Keep your head up high, darling, for you'll be home soon."

No comments: