Thursday, September 3, 2009

Speculating Invasions.

Your words are like music to my ears.

Three things I thought of this morning. My bed was unusually warm, given that for the past three months, I've had to face the winter cold biting against my inevitably exposed face as I fought against my lethargic body to open my groggy eyes and rub the sleep away. I woke up with warmth's embrace around me, as if I'd fallen back into the arms of my lover (not really, but someone I love) who simply oozed in a warming glow. To my devastation, it was simply my electric blanket, as well as the fact that it happened to be the beginning of spring.

Secondly, as was routine, I was woken up by the sudden mash of my two musical alarms; a compilation of music to which I was unable to sleep through on my iPod, and the repeated shrills of an all too catchy song from my phone. This mash was different to previous ones; I remembered that I had changed it the night before, and grumbled at the discomfort that it caused me. Too lazy to move, I decided to try and sleep through it anyway, despite its impossibilities of doing so (through God, all things are possible, right? It worked).

Lastly, it had hit me that it was a school day, and, once again, I'd not accumulated enough hours of sleep to get me through the day. My heart sank at this fact, which led to my fatigued body longing to sink even deeper into the warmth of my electric blanket's embrace. I was overwhelmingly tired, and despite the demands of life, I'd turned away and shut my eyes - ignoring the droning of my alarms - in hopes to restore the hours of my sleep to a satisfactory level again.

I was bombarded by these thoughts from all directions, thinking through each at the same time... so maybe this is how Edward Cullen's mind must have worked; a million contemplations played out in his mind, filing through logical solutions and meditating thoroughly on each, whilst the larger part, of course, rationalised ways of not sucking the life of his love away.

Thank God I'm not a vampire.

Although I know my potential in draining away the life of my love. What a scary, scary thought.

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: