Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Rag Doll.

I am your toy.
A smile pasted across my face so that you can share in the joy I portray.

Pull the string.
You will only hear words you want to hear; words that lift your spirit.

Make me walk.
You hold my hand, and you bounce me up and down the green grass, before hoisting me into your secret treehouse.

You talk to me.
You tell me about your day, and you whisper your deepest, darkest secrets into my flimsy ears in your secret hideout way above the ground.

You say you love me.
You hug me tight, and say that I'm yours forever; I'm your only best friend, the best in the whole wide world.

---
Years go by.
You brush the dust off my face, and a smile returns to you again as you reminisce your younger years with me. Again, you take me to your secret places, laugh at me as you hear me speak encouragement into your heart. You carry me on your shoulders as you climb up into your secret treehouse, and there, you hug me tight and say "I've missed you, old best friend". You see a bit of stuffing escape my frail body and my stitches come loose, and you caress my rugged hair lightly as you fix me up again.

And then you leave.
You pack me up, and put me away. You're older, and more mature; what I once was as a best friend to you is not what you needed now. You've found better things, new, modern things which make you laugh so much harder, and leave you with the broadest smile in the world. A smile which I have not seen before. A laugh which I have not heard before. A hurt, which I have not felt before...

"I love you, boy, you are by far the greatest best friend and boyfriend in the entire universe".

---
Torn, tossed around and thrown away.
I am a thing of the past, and you are too mature to wish to spend time with me anymore. You say that I'm childish, useless, and that I no longer satisfy your needs.

My cotton heart bleeds with wisps of stuffing, but you will never know.

LOL, Sarah.
This is an allegory.

No comments: