Thursday, November 27, 2008

BFFLs.

Low Battery
You should change your battery or switch to outlet power immediately to keep from losing your work.
Who said I was doing work? GG'ed.

---

"Bye," she waved towards me as she let him guide her through the forest of people in the shopping complex. I forced a slight smile as I waved back in disbelief. I stared after her until she was lost in the crowd; until I was engulfed in the midst of busy shoppers consisting of angry parents, crying children, and people concentrating so hard on their business I would have tried to hit them, just for fun. But I didn't even take notice of anything; that is, until a few nudges became heavy pushes and annoyed grumbles that finally knocked me out of my fazed stare into nowhere.

What of it now? You'd already gone. All logic and reason was abandoned as soon as you grabbed his hand and followed him to a world beyond what you believed in.

I walked away from our rendezvous point, ignoring the constant bickering in the midst of what must have been at least 100 people seeking to satisfy their hunger and quench their thirst from a busy day's shopping. I kept my head down and concentrated on my journey home, swiftly evading bustling bags and busy feet which threatened to flatten my own if I'd taken a wrong step. Anything would help, if only to keep my mind off the long gone memories of his non-existance.

Though perhaps I'm just too clingy to you, and that I can't accept that you had a life too.

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: