Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Flawless.

You eyed the piece critically, subconsciously half-squinting whilst doing so. I stayed quiet, making sure you were allowed the complete experience without disruption. I couldn't help but fiddle with the zip on my jacket, and you shot an annoyed glare at me, scaring me into staying completely still. I mouthed a quick sorry, then fastened my hands together, and closed my eyes.

You sighed, and leaned back into your chair; you'd finished appraising the piece. I hesitantly squeezed open a single eye to search your face for some glimmer of approval, but I found only a tired and frustrated face.

"It's okay," You said simply, "some parts aren't that good, but it's overall okay."

I'd only wish you wouldn't see all the flaws anymore; instead focus on the good coming out of it.

---

Romans 8:28. :)

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: