Sunday, January 18, 2009

Desperation And Grace.

It had drawn near to the line where I could no longer bear to listen to your voice. You droned on and on again, questioning, stating, pleading with me for my undivided attention towards you. I struggled to focus on what you said, but my eyes began to droop. I didn't notice that you were wearing the ring that I'd given you earlier that day; it seemed to glimmer against your constantly waving hands. I could not follow the directions that you moved in, and I drifted my eyes into a different area.

I examined the shoes you wore; they were canvas shoes with a patchy pattern, intricately embroidered with some sort of mythical creature. It stretched around and across your shoes, and matched up perfectly every time you shifted your feet to stand parallel with each other. Eventually I'd recognised that you refused to stop moving around, and in an annoyed trance I impulsively lifted my head to meet your eyes. I turned slightly to fully glare at you, and was overwhelmed with shock as I saw tears in your eyes. I flinched slightly as you slowed your pleading to silence, and we gazed into each other's eyes; you saw the anger in mine, and I saw the desperation in yours.

I need you...

You blinked back your tears, and looked down. I looked away; I was hurt and discouraged. You knew I was exhausted, and that I'd worked myself to the bone already. I couldn't stay with you much longer. I couldn't bear to see you in such a desperate state, so discouraged and hopeless.

Please, at least this time will you appreciate me?

...

You're still welcome, regardless...

---

I'm so tired. I think it's about time to sleep :)

And I'm trying really really hard to keep the stories coming. I just need more inspiration, huh?

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: