Sunday, February 15, 2009

Let's Reminisce, Dear.

As I fell back, I was warped into a sunny environment, embellished with pastel splashes of light green, complimented by a dusty brown and a slight tint of blue. There were one, two, three clouds in the sky, light and fluffy, steering clear of the sun that didn't burn my eyes when I'd looked into it. The sky seemed to encircle itself above me, like eagles hovering above a dead carcass. To avoid dizziness, I threw my head back down, and examined the cracked grey footpath that I tread upon. The pavement suddenly moved closer to me, as if it had wanted to observe its intricate details, but I'd realised that I was falling forward instead.

I caught myself, and I looked over to my side. You were there. Along with two other friends, of whom had so kindly decided to walk me home. I'd appreciated your thought, and care, but I'd only wanted to talk to you.

"Walk with me".

And we turned earlier than usual, while the others continued down the road to turn at the appropriate intersection. You were suddenly ahead of me, but I quickly fell in sync with your steps on your right. You somewhat preferred the left side, but I didn't mind; I had the chance to describe the street we walked upon, and the history that I had been involved in. It wasn't interesting, but I was thankful that our conversation wasn't anything awkward. We were peaceful, joyous, and enjoyed each other's company. At least I hope you did.

It was a sunny day, and very beautiful. A short silence allowed me to indulge in the scenery; residential houses that surrounded us, and the blinking shadows that the trees provided as we walked under them. I secretly always hoped that no bird would poo on me everytime we did walk under a tree. I turned my eyes towards you. You had an easy smile on your face, your head bobbing up and down so slightly as you looked onwards. Your hazel eyes, a soft brown, obviously caught a glimpse of me, and you turned your head to meet my gaze.

I could see into your eyes, just slightly; you seemed relaxed, and laid-back, but I could also see some slight confusion. I smiled at you, and turned forward again, for fear of accidentally walking into something. I could see from my peripheral vision that you were still looking at me, your expression seemed concerned. Before I could react, you set your focus forward again, and we continued to talk about everything.

And suddenly I fell back into the present again.

---

I miss the old times, sometimes. Maybe it will be easier for me to see you again. Sometime soon, huh?

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: