Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tranquil & Temperate.

I can finally sleep through the storm.

The weather today reminded me of the affects that recent events have had on me: physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally.

Now I know why Jesus could sleep through the storm. (:

---
The rays of the sun stretched across the sky this morning, each of its rays descended upon every small gap, and seeped through the cloud's lazy haze. Its warmth ticked at my bare skin, sending me a quiver of warmth throughout my body.

Finally, a cheery, warm day, I thought to myself.

The clouds seemed to bountifully overlap each other as I gazed at the blue glass dome that seemed to bind me with gravity; they hovered above me in such majesty yet lofty demeanor, suppressing the azure canvas that stretched across the borders of the earth. Such an amazing culmination of the most lofty of clouds together with dark, malevolent clouds with a hint of foreshadow had me at a standstill, and I marvelled at the beauty of the simple shades of grey, tinted with brilliant yellows and pieces of blue from far behind the pillowy forms.

It is worthwhile for a few pictures, I smiled to myself.

I drummed my fingers on the table, in sync with nature as heavy rains pelted on the school roofs; it increased in volume and density, and steadily dropped. Softer, louder, softer, and louder. My teacher battled for the attention of her students, her voice almost straining as she struggled to overcome the volume of the sky's jewels... It was no longer just water that she fought against now. Along with the thick drizzle of much needed water, the skies sifted through small, white rocks that sounded like a shower of bullets on the patio. For a moment, my concentration completely deterred, and the drone of my teacher faded into the patterns of the dancing drops. I closed my eyes and listened to the rhythm of the rain and hail.

Like music to my ears, it is revitalising for us all, I sighed to myself.

The sun peaked out from behind the sheets of grey, but the clouds kept it from being completely exposed. Billows rolled to and fro, surrounding the tiny infiltration of light, where its glory was just beyond the earth's grasp. I was hopeful for the earth to once again to saturate the heat of the sun, but soon enough, the greater light of the day was shrouded by a permeation of smouldering greys across the sky. Despite the haze, splotches of a brilliant blue lined against the heavy clouds.

There's always, a silver lining, I mused to myself.

And so the sun and the clouds battled for authority over the skies, where clouds trapped away the warmth the earth so desired (well, it IS spring), whilst the sun glamoured through and soaked up the tears of the sky... tears considered precious jewels gone to waste on the concrete driveways and footpaths by which people sloshed their way through to go home. The skies themselves, as neutral as they were, remained a peaceful blue, minding its own business, and simply awaited the quarrel to end. And as the battle above raged on, I couldn't help but laugh to myself.

At least this makes for good photos on my handy camera phone. (;

---
... and I should stop writing, it's getting late. (:

LOL, Sarah.
And maybe now, I can sleep through the storm too.

No comments: