Monday, October 5, 2009

In Blooms.

From little things, big things grow.
- Paul Kelly

I ♥ this song (: It's so cute, and yet it holds such a powerful message that has everything to do with faith. Like a seed.

---
I watched as you filled the plastic cup with a small amount of rich, fertilised soil; deep browns speckled with spots of yellows and greens cascaded into the cup from the small packet you held so delicately. Once the cup was filled halfway, you gestured towards my hand. I'd forgotten that I was holding a tiny seed that spread only a centimetre across my hand. I was holding it tight, afraid that I would lose the precious, nutty jewel.

When I realised that you were asking for what I was holding in my hand, I quickly pouted at you and pulled my hand towards my chest. I squeezed at the jewel a little tighter, whilst ensuring I was delicate with it, and covered my closed hand with another for more protection. I suddenly had the urge to run away in fear; fear that you would steal away what you had just given me.

I was treasuring your gift, so why did you want it back? I pondered to myself as I avoided your gaze. Upon eventually finally daring to turn my eyes towards you, my eyes fell in the gaze of yours. Your cool blue eyes showed nothing but kindness and hope towards me, and I couldn't help but feel guilty; you seemed to only reflect genuine care and love for me. The guilt ebbed away at my heart, and I stepped forward in reluctance.

"Trust me," was all you said. I only wished you could say more to explain your insistant actions as you once again gestured towards me to hand over the seed. I pouted again, and, upon deliberating a little further, I began to step forward.

I could not look at you as I placed the seed in your hands; humiliated and guilt-ridden, as soon as the seed left my now bare hand, I plopped myself on a small stool in annoyance. I stared out the window in ignorance; that is, until you proded my shoulder and told me to watch. I glared at the cup in refusal to look at you, and you dug a small hole into the centre of the soil, before burying the seed within.

I gasped at your actions. I was shocked and uncomprehensive at your actions, so I stood up to beg you to stop... but I remembered I was giving you the silent treatment, so I sat back down again and gazed at the window to disguise my hurt. I pulled my legs close to my chest, and rested my chin on my knees, all the while pouting in anger.

As you began to move away and your footsteps fade into the distance, you called out once again, saying, "Trust me", and left me to sit in my lonely stool.

---
You tapped my on the shoulder, and as I turned, I noticed that you were hiding something behind your back. I'd soon forgotten about the grudge that I held a few days ago. I beamed at you cheekily, and began to prod at you to show me what you were hiding. You smiled back at me, playfully resisting my pokes for a while, before reminding me of the events that occured a few days ago. As I was brought back to it, my anger and upset was returned, and my joyous complexion furrowed into annoyance once again. I looked up at you with unpleasant question, and you just smiled. You handed to me a tiny watering can...

... And then handed to me a small plastic cup filled with rich soil, where in the middle a small stalk supported a beautiful blossoming flower.

"It's in your care now".

---
Wow, I'm totally not re-writing this :p Look at the time it was posted.. and at the moment, it is exactly 11:11! (:

Funny, but oh well. School's fun. I'm full of hope again..

LOL, Sarah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well-written, no need to redo :)