Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Perpendicularly Skewed.

Must you haunt me with your constant fantastical reminders and contrast my dreams with my reality?

Two things happened in the past two days.

One.
I dreamt you again, and this time, I fell into your embrace (why do I always seem to fall in my dreams?), and I was instantly flooded with such a warmth. It was as if the sun shone in favour of me, its rays stretching towards me and blanketing me in safe heat, shielding me from the harsh, desolate landscape that surrounded me, where the wind howled and threatened to slice through my skin with its ice-cold touch.
You were hugging me. Your arms wrapped easily around my shoulders, and you comfortably leaned your head next to mine tucked into my shoulder. Your hold on me was tight and secure, and I instantly felt safe in your arms, your warmth dissolving into my skin, warming my cold heart. The hairs of my neck stood on end as I shivered against your body, and I found myself returning your gesture, pulling myself closer as I grasped the back of your jacket. I felt myself urging for more of your warmth; for not even a millimetre of distance between us, and I moulded myself against your physique. I buried my face under your neck, and a single tear pricked in my eye as I dreamed this was real, waking up to the warmth of my electric blanket under me.



Two.
I was weighed down with sleep this morning, and I struggled to ready myself for the upcoming day. I blundered towards the car, and I lazily made an effort to place my bag in the front seat. The door was open, and as I was about to enter, my mother released the brake pedal, causing the car to jerk suddenly as she immediately planted her foot on the pedal again. In my ineptness, my perception became skewed, and, in parallel to movement the car, I felt myself almost tumble. My arms wavered in the air for balance, before grabbing the frame of the door, and my mum stared at me as she spilled with endless 'sorry's while I gained my balance again. I wearily looked at her, confused as to why she was saying sorry. I almost fell on my own account; nothing touched me, nor nothing swayed me but only from my view of the car suddenly jerking did I almost fall.

I almost fell over literally nothing. My mum jerked the car, and I almost fell as a result of that. -___________-

---
I dreamt that we were talking again. You know, I don't think I know you anymore. You've changed. You've definitely changed.

---
I watched transformers today.. and golly, was it good.

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: