Monday, May 11, 2009

We'll Sing: You're Beautiful.

Her body was shaking. Her eyes were wet with tears. She lay in a crumpled mess on the floor. Hopeless. Meaningless. Broken. Worthless. Waste.

But in the end, words were just words, and feelings are fleeting. Something heavenly is dwelling within me.

~~~

I continuously drifted in and out of sleep, and the faces of the people I loved flashed passed me. They were all smiling, their faces glowing so incandescently - school friends, church friends, family, and others seemed to be overflowing with inexplicable joy, and I shared that as I silently laughed along with them. Their faces flashed by quicker as I spun about, struggling to keep the images in my head. I reached to touch even just one face, but I was stopped by the sudden ringing of the bell.

It was time to get up, and my alarm bell never ceased to remind me of it. It rang so boldly and proudly with all its might, and I sprawled my arm across the floor to get a hold of it. The old fashioned alarm clock continued to ring as I picked it up to examine the time; its a single lever which stood in between two large bells swung rapidly from side to side, straining the bells with a resounding ring. I lazily switched the alarm off, only to hear a buzzing sound coming from the tile floors. My phone was vibrating as a second alarm to wake me up, and I finally gave in to the start of another school day.

But today felt different, despite the same routine in the same environment requiring the same items. This morning, all I could think about was You. Every thought streamed towards reminding me that You were there, and You were looking forward to meeting with me. I was in no rush, but I felt energized at the thought of spending time with You once again. Knowing that I was going to talk to You, and You were going to talk to me; I was excited about being with You after so long. My passion for You was rekindling inside of me, and I felt Your love just pouring overflow into my heart...

All I can say is that You are beyond beautiful, and my eyes are fixed on You once again.

LOL, Sarah. :)

No comments: