Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Dawning Redemption.

If there is one thing that I need to be reminded of, it would be that change is undoubtedly inevitably slow. These symptoms aren't leaving me anytime soon, and it's been going at a painfully slow pace. I still don't have control over this.

It's so easy to know that something isn't right. After even just a day without spending a good amount of time with You, I've already begun to feel mildly incomplete. How could I say that? I have never truly lost anything of worth, nor have I had things I love taken away from me. I'm spoiled and no one's done anything about it. Yet still, my wires are already beginning to short circuit and my humane happiness is disintegrating. It's as if everything goes down like this: As I slowly drift from You, I slowly lose my joy. It's painful to endure, being unable to see myself change and move forward an inch... but isn't it great to know how much You are affecting me now? When I talk about being incomplete, I'm only incomplete when I lack You.

It's taken its time, and it's been slow, but surely You are changing me. And now, I'm needing you more than ever. You finally are beginning to mean so much more to me than just a God that everyone else praises.

- Written in the morning, before devotions.
---

Today was beautiful...

... The early morning fog, embracing the suburb streets and hiding every house beyond 20 metres. The hills, once so proud and majestic, retreat into the thick fog; not even a silhouette seen. The vast landscape, barely visible, attempting to conceal the life and activity within the warm houses...

... Faintly scattered across the array of so evenly spread rooftops stand age old trees. These very few prevail in their splendour, as they break the suburbian scrapers with their prevailing branches...

I saw this one tree which amazed me. It stood so outstandingly tall. Its branches were those of palms, where layers upon layers of withered, dead leaves were built from the base of the trunk to the tip of the tree, where it blossomed such a vibrant green.

Truly, it was amazing to me how this tree still stood so high against its surroundings, and its branches of its past life only emphasise the beauty of its present being. Isn't it beautiful, how we can be so much the same?

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: