Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Irrevocable Extrication.

Must John Mayer be so hot?

---
Swimming in deeper waters... As treacherous as they may be, I will wade myself there and back to safety, because I have you in my arms and I'm desperate to see you wake, just so that I can see you smile warmly once more; a warming, heartfelt upturn of the corners of your lips juxtaposed against the cold, deathly touch of your pale skin. Although, I would not dare to fight for your life, not without your response and permission to; that you would be fighting alongside me. Still. I am a soldier in the front lines, awaiting your command to fire, attack, or fallback.

But really, all I wanted to hear was the sound of your voice.

---
I guess every gift should have a ribbon around it.
Whether thick, thin, satin or paper,
It enhances the beauty of a present.

Pull just one end, and the entire strong comes undone,
Or hold it at the cross-section,
And lift it like a burden off your heart.

Perhaps the decor is just for laughs, for looks.
But no one can fathom how simple it is to remove
Nor how it can cradle the entire present in its arms...

We're all a gift, either opened up or set aside.
You can always set the ribbon loose, as long as you know how to...
Only then can you discover its true contents within.

So it's not really about the ribbon at all.
Decor is fancy,
But inside counts most.

LOL, Sarah.
Borrowed a friend's style of writing... to an extent.

No comments: