Thursday, December 3, 2009

Bum Chums.

What you're going through, I honestly don't know if I understand. I wish there was something I could do, something that I could say to you to lift your spirits. I would do what I can to encourage you, to lighten your heavy burden. But I search as much as I can, and I can find nothing to pull together and wrap you around in love.

I wish to find such words that would comfort you, cradle you in their warmth and in their assurance. However, my senseless mind can barely conceive your heartache and your pain, and anything I choose to say would be placed as a burden rather than that of doves lifting you to the clouds as you rest in sadness. I wish I could pillow your head with a gentle phrase, cover you with the love that was so carelessly torn away from you.

I have leant you my shoulder, but I fear my reckless tongue I cannot subdue, as I long to pour out only words you need to hear. I don't wish to hurt you more than you are bearing... and I am not tame enough to do otherwise.

You're my best friend... And I am at a loss of words and of ability to stir up even a smile across your face, even just for the shortest amount of time.

I fear what I have done has been damaging... but I don't want to give up on you.

And I guess finally, I just want to tell you how much I love you.. how much I worry and care for you. My concerns for your best interests have been with you since the beginning, and I'd only wished for your eternal happiness, with or without me. I've never been more proud to have a best friend, and would never accept another best friend other than you. I can't imagine life without you as my best friend... I love you so much. I just wish I were always there for you, with all the right words to say, the words you need to hear, and the words that sooth your sore heart.

I pray for your happiness. And I pinky promise you, I will stand by you as much and as long as humanly possible.

LOL, Sarah.
Make a wish, love.

No comments: