Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Never Enough.

"Run faster! You aren't fast enough!" You screamed at me at the top of your lungs relentlessly. You glared at me as I stumbled over the rocky road over and over again. With utmost effort, I struggled to push myself harder, to run faster, to make you proud, but I fell over and tumbled in a messed heap. My hands and my knees were badly grazed, and a gush of blood came out of a dangerously long split on my forehead. I was dizzy, but conscious. I opened my eyes to a pool of blood in front of me, and a splintering pitch rang in my ears.

I made out large gasps of horror from all around me, and a distinct stomp and a grunt of frustration that temporarily broke the horrifying noise that overwhelmed me with pressure and anxiety.

"You idiot," I heard a familiar voice whisper in my ear. I knew this voice. This voice was yours.

I'm sorry that I'll never ever be good enough for you. That no matter how much I try, compared to you, I'm worthless. Thanks for boosting my self esteem up so much.

I still love you.

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: