Monday, August 25, 2008

Realism.

The beach didn't feel very 'beachy', I suppose. Its' yellow surface was smooth, and somehow perfect; uninterrupted and still, even with the mass gathering, walking alongside the shore that seemed to emcompass and consume the foundation of which I stood. The waves seemed unrealistic as well; constantly threatening to crush me with their immense crest outlined with brilliant white foam. A few times, they succeeded, drenching me; I was on the ground the second I was overwhelmed by it. It wasn't a wave of water; its' heavy body seemed dry and warm. By the time I had gotten up, the waves returned to water. It was strange that everyone walked towards what almost killed me.

But you where there. And it was okay for me for you to be there. I felt no sensation, warm or cool, but in my heart I was content. As long as you were there. I knew you were watching over me; I knew you cared.

But you left me, your apologetic glance piercing my heart. "I have to go see where she is," you said, suggesting your best friend, "I'll be right back". Your voice warmed my numbened heart, and your "promise" lingered pleasantly in my mind, so I wasn't fazed. I was so sure you were going to come back.

But you didn't.

And it hurt me. I went to look for you; you were in the crowd, along with the many other faces I had become so familiar with. They were all your friends; all my friends, her. It hurt me, but I ignored it, because I know that you can't always be there for me. There were so many others under your wing; they needed care. They needed love. And they needed it from you.

So it was okay. Our mass walked along the now cement path; somehow we were warped from the beach to a busy road lined with shops. Dull, but alive with people rummaging for ornaments and products which they may or may not find useful. Antiques were popular in many of these worn down shops.

You were next to me again; my numb heart was content. You allowed me to cling to your arm as we continued down along the path. You seemed to know that you were the only one I felt that I could hold onto. I knew I looked like a clingy attention-seeker. I didn't care; because that spills the truth. I needed you, and this was the rarest time I could spend acknowledging your presence. I wanted you to know how much I loved you.

We entered a shop. I found myself wearing the jacket that you had given me a while ago. Shrugging it off and leaving it aside, I hugged your arm as I followed you through the shop. It was a vietnamese grocery store.

We left, but seconds later returned. I had forgotten the jumper. A lady with smooth black hair pulled back into a ponytail was behind the wooden counter. Her eyes were a dark brown, almost black, and I tried to understand what that meant. I was never really good at reading people's eyes. She met my gaze and turned around, picking up a blue and yellow school jacket, folded neatly in her arms. She smiled as she gave it to me; I suppose I had stared for a bit too long. I smiled politely, thanking her with courteous detachment.

I found you again, and sighed as I took ownership of your arm again.

But then everything disappeared.

And I was awake.

~~~

:) It's pathetic. I'm utterly horrible at descriptive pieces. But I suppose the more I write, the better I get.
...
So not true. But yeah. It's a dream I had. And no, it's not about someone I "like-like", whatever that means. It's a lot deeper than that.

Dreams are always a bit far-fetched, don't you think?

LOL, Sarah.

No comments: