Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Individualistic Sentiment.

We held unbelievably steadfast to each other, drenching ourselves in the other's showers of praise, care and love for the other. We were bound so close, that no one could tell us apart - that is, no one wanted to, because it was as if we were stuck at the hip; our traits were in sync, our every musing mimicked and complemented each other. Because... after all, opposites attract, don't they?

But now that people can tell as apart, we've become apart - and I cannot deny that I face losing myself... a part. Suddenly I am standing alone, feeling old, withered and grey, stuck with myself, and stuck pitying myself. I'm not quite complete without you.. but as long as you are, I will be...

starlight and moons grey,
clouds hanging in dismay.
blanket covered pitch black
as i silently pray to have you back.

winds surface and coo
leaves now turn and renew.
trickles down winding streams
as i lose you, one of my binding seams.

I'm so unwilling to let you go,
for I know that you can live without me.

For now, as I listen to soft words, the similar tremour of almost silence breaks my heart. I am not saying goodbye... but the horizons show too much of a likeness to the foreshadowing of never hearing a 'see you later' ever again is clouding my eyes with too much water for them to bear.

---
And it was there that I stood, my eyes filmed with memories past and present.

My heart has motioned its doors to open; an invitation to your whisper of words like a soft gail of wind seeping softly, effortlessly into my heart. Perhaps they were too harsh, and the shelves on the walls of my heart loosened their stability, sending numerous items of value to the cold, dusty floor. You knew I knew what you were talking about, but my entire body shivered, and my knees buckled at the sudden truth of your words, a burden I'd deluded myself to think was aloft me.

It was a sudden but inevitable reality to face... To know that I was hurting this much, even though there was minimal contribution to the reality at hand... The prospects hurt.

Suffice to say, I'm scared as hell losing you.

LOL, Sarah.
How could something so small matter so much? Just why?

No comments: