Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Evanescent Moments.

Although you probably don't remember me, and I could only see you from a distance, (save from being more stalker-ish than I seem right now), I just gotta say- nice haircut, Michael. I guess you were due for one sometime soon since last we met. (:

---
As the train picked up speed, and the familiar chugging of its wheels pulled it forwards along the track, I turned up the volume, and immersed myself in a flood of musical lyric. The carriage met a curve, and it begun swinging from side to side; as it rocked, I too, swung to my own rhythmic harmony, Or was it the other way around? the train wasn't just making a precise turn - no! It was really swaying along to my music, rocking along with me to the gentle melody. I could not help but conclude: the train was, in fact, praising the same God that I was worshiping.

I smiled in amazement and wonder, and increased the volume further, and closed my eyes, softly humming with such a renewed passion to worship along with everything around me. As always, the sun shone brighter than ever before, and the winds cooed from the outskirts of the carriage. The sky scrapers scraped the sky with more ferocity than usual, as if standing in majesty, for His glory. A delightful scene, indeed, as the train rocked me softly into worship, and I closed my eyes and engrossed myself back into wonder and awe.

---
Some days are truly splendid, and it's days like these when we can truly realise that everything happens for a reason; if we stop singing, the rocks soon will shout.

And it's these days where I can truly be myself, unhinged, and free from being suspended on the pendulum that swings me to and fro from who I am and who I'm forced to be.

LOL, Sarah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely :). Love those kinda days :).

Huy Tran said...

glad you're feeling great, but what does 'if we stop singing, the rocks soon will shout' mean?